Monday, April 13, 2015

Before you read the astounding event reported by the Aleppo Herald, please ponder the following:

Do you find yourself amazed that Jehovah God, the Lord of all that is and Lord of all that ever was or ever will be could have mercy on someone who has believed the "doctrines of devils," I Timothy 4:1, has brutalized his fellow man, has committed the vilest of sins?

Though we may find ourselves to be without mercy toward one who has been not only an enemy of God but also an enemy of humanity, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ came to earth to suffer and die for all the sins of all mankind. Jesus will turn no one away who comes before Him with a repentant heart--no matter how stained with sin his hands may be.

As we read the story of the ISIS jihadist and marvel at the wonder of the depth of God's love and forgiveness, may we remind ourselves that even we, even I, was lost in sin. Even I had gone my own way, Isaiah 53:6. Even I had offended our Holy God by my trespasses and sins, for, "there is none righteous, no not one," Romans 3:10.

Even I had a reprobate mind, Romans 1:28. Even I deserved the pangs of hell...and HE forgave even me.

Thank You for Your boundless mercy, for Your unfailing love, for Your matchless salvation, O, Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment