Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4

When we are sorely tried and our strength is depleted, it is then, more than ever, that we must fasten our eyes upon our Savior, upon the One who has promised to perfect His strength in our weakness. We must not allow ourselves to languish in brokenness—we must rise, hand in hand with Him, and go on to victory!

As we do, we proclaim the words of Psalm 18:1, 2: “I love You, O Lord, my strength. You are my rock and my fortress and my deliverer. You are my God, in whom I trust; You are my salvation and my strong tower.” First and foremost, the psalmist proclaims his love for the Lord.

The Word tells us in I John 4:18 that, “Perfect love casts out fear,” and if we recognize His perfect love for us and our love for Him in return, we will not be afraid. Fear has a paralyzing affect upon the person of faith. It is a thief who steals first our confidence in the Lord and then our hope that He will perform His promises in our behalf.

When we affirm His love and know His integrity is rooted in His love for us, we can stand strong on the rock of the confidence His love inspires. We can make Him our fortress and strong tower to Whom we may flee from the assault of the enemy. We may trust that His salvation is sure and that no earthly trial can wrest us away from His arc of safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment