Friday, July 10, 2009

WHO SPEAKS FOR ME?

Just who are you to say my faith
No longer fills my heart?
Just who are you to shred the
Truth that set my life apart?

Just who are you to say
The hope on which my life has stood
Is only one of many ways
And each does equal good?

Just who are you to so compare
The Truth that launched man’s hope
With evil, vain philosophies
Of corrupted span and scope?

Just you are you to cast aside
The toil, blood and tears
That forged this land and set it high
Above its godless peers?

Just who are you to say the power
On which this nation stands
Should be revised to set aside
Our shield of God’s own hands?

Just who are you to say we’ve changed
From our first Christian stand
And want some other godless way
To represent our land?

Just who are you to speak for me
In marketplace of man’s vain thought
When my choice is to speak for Christ
By Whose hand is our blessing’s wrought?

Just who are you to so presume
To end my land’s blessed years,
To wrench it from the hand of Christ,
Exposing it to loss and tears?

Just who are you in arrogance
Throughout the world to claim
The people of America
No longer bless Christ’s name?

You’re no one in the eyes of God
To wrench this nation’s heart
Away from His own loving Hand
Where it’s been from the start!

No comments:

Post a Comment