Saturday, December 5, 2009

December 5

Jesus observed in Matthew 6:27 that our much contemplation could not add an inch to our stature. There are some things that simply aren’t worth the time and energy we put into fretting about them. It doesn’t matter how desperately I want to look like a runway model, I simply won’t—not even in high heels.

What then, about the things that may have the potential to be changed? What should I do about them? Should I try to advance in my career? Should I concern myself with losing a few pounds? Should I trade in my old but reliable car on a newer model even though doing so would stretch my budget?

Psalm 37:5 has a viable solution to every quandary I face. The Lord here affirms His absolute watch care over everything that concerns my life. He says, “Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him and He will bring it to pass.” The One who holds eternity in the hollow of His hand holds you, holds me.

We have no need of disconcertion over the affairs of Life. The Lord knows what we have need of and He will supply. Does that mean we absolve ourselves of responsibility for our own well-being? It does not. It simply means that when we have done all we can, we relax, rest in faith, and trust Jesus with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment