Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"He Cares..." Includes Me!

February 17

I had just moved for the third time during my new marriage. I was standing on a small ladder to put up new curtains at the bedroom window. When I reached up to install the rod, I fell backward off the stepladder but had no sensation of falling! I simply ‘floated’ down like a feather and landed softly on the floor.

The first words that came to my mind were, “You have delivered me from death, You have delivered my feet from falling to walk before God in the light of life” (Psalm 56:13). Perhaps I wouldn’t have died from falling off a ladder, but I could have been severely injured, yet God did not allow even my hair to be tousled!

This made me acutely aware of the ever-present care of the Holy Spirit of the Living God. This made me know in the depth of my being that He is not merely the God who watches over the universe, who watches over every person in a distant, impersonal way.

This made me realize beyond a doubt that, “HE CARES FOR YOU,” (I Peter 5:7) includes me! The Christ we serve is a personal God. When He bore the stripes on His back, it was for my disease. When He died on the cross, it was for my sin. And it was for you. Claim the intimacy your Savior longs to have with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment