Friday, June 28, 2013

Hold Fast

June 28

The kingdom of God is not just that of talk, but of power.

I asked one man, since he thought there was no God, if I could pray with him. I told him that he would feel the presence of God when we prayed. I prayed a simple prayer with passion and he began to cry and shake.

He said, “I felt God! What did you do? I felt something! What is this? What did you do?”

I told him that God is real. After we prayed for his salvation, I said, “Now, I dare you to go to a Bible-believing church in your hometown and experience all that God has in store for you! It’s going to be awesome!”

People want someone with passion for what is truly real to reach out to them and share faith, hope and love. I have reached more people talking about the love of God and the peace that He brings than anything else. An admitted atheist accepted Jesus in the O’Hare International Airport when I prayed for his sister-in-law and the Lord healed her knee on the spot.

God, in His infinite wisdom, put His gospel in the hands of weak and feeble men and women. We are not to be strong for ourselves, but strong in the Lord and in His mighty power! Don’t be afraid to fail; be afraid to quit! If you fail, it is normal for man, but if you quit, you miss out on the glory of battle!
How can we go from “glory (glorious victory) to glory (glorious victory)” if there’s no battle? Fortune favors the bold. Lakita Garth-Wright


Hold fast to faith in the One in whom you have placed your trust for time and for eternity. Hold fast to faith in the One who died to set you free from sin and from the consequences of the fall. Hold fast to Jesus who loved you unto death and who promises to take you from life to life and to keep you in life with Him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment