Friday, August 16, 2013

Focused Thoughts

August 16

When the Lord delivers us from sin and spiritual death through the shed blood of Jesus Christ our Lord, He does a thorough job. He does not lift only some of the heavy baggage we have been carrying through life; He takes it all.

His holy Bible affirms that Jesus stated very clearly, “Cast all your cares upon Me, for I care for you” I Peter 5:7. The question to ourselves then becomes, “If Jesus is carrying this burden, why do I feel so weighted down?

The answer we find to our dilemma is in Lamentations 3:20, 21 where we are told of one who had a similar situation—“I continually remember them and have become depressed. Yet I call this to mind and therefore I have hope.”

It seems the mindset we have is imposed upon us by – us! What will we choose to think about? On what or whom will we focus? Will we think about our sin and failure or will we focus on Christ and His salvation? Our options are depression or joy; failure or hope, depending upon what we elect to focus our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment