Monday, October 20, 2014

Words for Perilous Times

October 20

In perilous times, there is little that can bring comfort to the troubled heart as can the Word of God itself. With that realization in mind, today’s posting is simply these few powerful verses that afford hope and peace in a day that is fraught with anxiety.

"Through You shall we push down our enemies; through Your name shall we tread them under who rise up against us. Through you we push back our enemies; through your name we trample our foes. I put no trust in my bow; my sword does not bring me victory, but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever," Psalm 44:5-8.

"He uncovers deep things out of darkness, and brings out into light the shadow of death,” Job 12:22.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, says the LORD," Isaiah 54:17.

"Get up, you officers, oil the shields! This is what the Lord says to me: "Go, post a lookout and have him report what he sees. When he sees chariots with teams of horses, riders on donkeys or riders on camels, let him be alert, fully alert," Isaiah 21:5,6,7.

"…The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it," John 1:5.".

“…to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me,” Acts 26:18,

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose," Romans 8:28.

"I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me," Psalm 13:4.

"O Lord, rescue me from evil people. Protect me from those who are violent," Psalm 140:1.

"Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake," Psalms 79:9.

"He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction," Psalm 107:20.

"Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; defend me from those who rise up against me. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloodthirsty men," Psalm 59:1,2.

May we pray these words and claim these words so the comfort and peace and truth of them may pervade our spirits and impact the culture around us.

May we see great revival come to this nation and to every country where the “name that is above all names” (see Philippians 2:8-11) has once been extolled.

May we see a great awakening in those lands that have not known Him.

May every knee bow before Him in time so we may bow before Him together in Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment