Thursday, May 30, 2019

Be Vigilent

This was reported from Sewickley, PA, a small town located a few miles from where I grew up.  It is a low crime area.

Human trafficking is a real threat and a growing concern. Please be careful and please guard your children and warn them to be careful.
NEVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!
NEVER let your guard down.
ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings.
TODAY, I saved MY OWN LIFE by WATCHING, by QUESTIONING and by ASKING for HELP.
3 pm Normal Day, Mom of Five, Small Business Owner, Close down Shop for the Day, speak with Quaker Village Pharmacist about more Insurance issues related to son’s diabetic supplies, head to pharmacy to pick up prescriptions.
3:05 pm Pull Into Giant Eagle parking lot, pharmacy side. Pull in space with black truck on right, passenger’s side, notice has a police, silver and blue star sticker on rear window of vehicle, and no vehicle on left, driver’s side. Go to exit vehicle. Notice right away, Hispanic men sitting in chairs in front of store, making eye contact with me. Briefly pause, hesitate exiting car but plan to run in for prescriptions.
Upon entering pharmacy side doors, Hispanic man in Red shirt with black around collar follows me into the store. Man picks up basket and continues to follow me through the aisles.
Something doesn’t feel right.
Man throws a can of tomatoes in his basket.
I see this because man is EXTREMELY close to me in every aisle.
At first I’m concerned that he is going to try to reach into my purse so I put it tightly underneath of my arm. I head to the self check out.
Man in the red shirt follows. In his basket, pack of gum and a can of tomatoes.
As I’m checking out, the man abandons basket, leaves the self check out and exits Giant Eagle from the main exit.
I initially let my guard down. Assuming he had intended to take my purse, etc.
3:14 pm I finish checking out. Leave through the pharmacy exit.
I don’t see my car because a very large, White utility van is blocking the view of my very large, Black suburban.
And I see in the white van, a red shirt!
I immediately had a gut feeling, something wasn’t right. I looked for someone to walk me to my car.
A gentlemen, my SAVING ANGEL for the day, grabbed my arm and walked me to my vehicle. I think I would have been wiser to call the police at this point, for the man I trusted could have been in collusion with the traffickers.
THANK GOD, HE WAS NOT!
We walked around the back of my car and to the front, just making eye contact with the red shirted man and those in the van with him.
As the doors were opened, I only spoke two words, “Not today,” and they sped off...I immediately called the police.
I’m still shook up and I’m so very saddened that this is happening right here in our “Safe Zone” where we’re raising our children to feel protected, where we’ve always felt safe sending our kiddos walking around the corner to a friend’s house or off to school in the mornings or home from school in the afternoons.
Or how about us ladies? A simple trip to the local grocery store turns into an absolutely terrifying experience.
We have to protect ourselves and make sure we are completely aware of our surroundings AT ALL TIMES.
NEVER let your guard down.
ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings.
If something doesn’t feel right, GET HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment