Thursday, April 20, 2023

I Died on National TV

‘I Died on National TV’ by Damar Hamlin NFL player Damar Hamlin, who suffered cardiac arrest on the field in January after a routine tackle, has revealed that his near-death experience was caused by a condition called commotio cordis. “I died on national TV in front of the whole world, so I see it from all perspectives,” Hamlin said at a press conference on Tuesday. “That right there is the biggest blessing of it all – for me to still have my people and my people to still have me,” he added, as cited by The New York Post. In the almost fatal game in Cincinnati, Ohio, in January, Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin clashed with Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. During his press conference, Hamlin revealed he was rejoining his team for practice and intended to make a comeback to the NFL. “The diagnosis of what happened to me was commotio cordis. It’s a direct blow at a specific point in your heartbeat that causes cardiac arrest. Five to seven seconds later, you fall out, and that’s pretty much what everybody saw Jan. 2 of this year,” Hamlin told reporters. “Commotio cordis is the leading cause of death in youth athletes across all sports, so that’s something that I will personally be taking a step in to make a change,” he elaborated. The 25-year-old safety also discussed why he was eager to return to the field. “My heart is still in it. My heart is still in the game,” he said. “I love the game. It’s something I want to prove to myself, not anybody else, I just want to show people that fear is a choice and you can keep going in something without knowing what’s at the end of the tunnel. You might feel anxiety or fear but you just keep putting your right foot in front of the left foot and you keep going,” Hamlin elaborated. Earlier Tuesday, the Buffalo Bills announced that their safety was “fully cleared” to resume practicing and playing football. The NFL player’s marketing representative, Jordon Rooney of Jaster Athletes, hit back at anybody who speculated Hamlin’s cardiac arrest might have resulted from other factors. “For months Damar dealt with scrutiny as he recovered from this. There were outrageous theories on his medical condition. Every single doctor said commotio cordis. He experienced life-altering trauma and wanted to finish his medical testing before officially speaking publicly,” Rooney wrote on Twitter. “The talk about the vaccine and accusations around him ‘hiding things’ were completely untrue and slanderous. Every medical expert said commotio cordis. Imagine dying on national TV and have thousands of people questioning your death and how you’re handling your trauma,” Hamlin’s rep added. It's hard to tell Damar's story without factoring in a miraculous touch from the hand of Jesus, our healing savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment