Sunday, February 19, 2012

Because He Loves Me

February 19

A wonderful aspect of being within the fold of the faithful is the fact that we have a Shepherd who guides and protects and loves us. We know we need never forge into the unknown because Jesus says to us, as He said to Philip, “Follow Me” John 1:43. We know He will, “…lead beside still waters” Psalm 23:2.

In Psalm 61:3 David tells us that the Lord is, “…a shelter for me and a strong tower of safety from the enemy,” so our protection is assured. When it comes to His love, that amazing emotion that even frail mortals use to wrap those they care for in a cocoon of safety, we are told in I Corinthians 13:8 that it, “…never fails.”

Further words of assurance can be found in Psalms 32:7 and 91:14, 15, respectively. David, the brave shepherd who fearlessly slew the giant and the warrior king who defeated Israel’s enemies said, “You are my hiding place. You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”

“’Because he loves Me,’ says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he knows the power of My name; he will call upon Me and I will answer him. I will protect him in trouble; I will deliver and honor him.’” The Holy One “covers us with His feathers…” (Psalm 91:4) and assures us we may be confident “…under His wing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment