Friday, September 28, 2012

Every Day

September 28

At the time we need Him the most, we are disinclined to sense the presence of the abiding Christ. This is nowhere more graphically conveyed than in the precious “Footprints” with which we are all familiar. Here, the weary sojourner through life’s trials calls out to Jesus regarding his footprints in the sands of time.

He says to the Lord, “I see how You’ve walked with me, but I note that at those times when I needed You the most, there is just one set of footprints. In my desperate hour, You abandoned me! Why did You forsake me at the time of my greatest need?”

Jesus responds, “I did not leave you during your hour of trial, My child. You see just one set of footprints at the times of your profoundest challenges in life because when you were walking through periods of great distress, I carried you.”

And, so He has. Jesus promised that He will NEVER fail or forsake His people (Hebrews 13:5). The proclamation of David in Psalm 68:19 is forever true, “Praise the Lord God our Savior, who helps us every day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment