Sunday, September 30, 2012

God's Love Is The Reason

September 30

One of the loveliest of the Psalmist’s assertions of the love of God for His people is quoted by Luke in Acts 2:25. Here he says of David, “I keep the Lord ever before me. Because He is close by my side, I will not be afraid, for nothing can harm me.” We who love the Lord today may trust in His tender, keeping power over us.

As Isaiah stated in Chapter 50, verse 7 of the book that bears his name, “The Lord God helps me, so I will not be ashamed. I will be determined and I know I will never be put to shame.” Isaiah endured his trials, but he knew the heart of God. He believed, as we may steadfastly believe, we will not be disappointed in the level of the Lord’s help.

What force motivated these men who took quill in hand to write to the world of the infinite love the Author of creation, the God of the universe and all who dwell in it? What is it that so inspired them to hope beyond the futile expectations the pagan religions around them taught them to anticipate? Why were they willing to lay down their lives to share their conviction? The only viable answer to that question is, ‘God’s love is the reason.’

When believers contemplate that their Savior left His mansion in glory to dwell with them in time, they must be struck by the depth and power of His love. They must be resolute within themselves that they will, as Jesus said quoting the Commandment, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and all your mind, and all your strength,” for their love is the one thing they may give Him that He doesn’t already possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment