Friday, February 8, 2013

Bridges

The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn. David Russell

If you are at an above-described juncture of your life, you must determine whether to continue on the bridge you're on or leave it behind to cross another. You know the circumstances you are experiencing are not rewarding or up-lifting, yet turning aside is a difficult choice.

Today, I will simply offer a prayer, for you need the guidance of the Lord much more than you need mere words from me:

Lord Jesus, I ask You to be with Your beloved child as he endeavors to determine the bridge he should take on this leg of the journey of his life. I ask You to enable him to look at the circumstances he faces from Your perspective so he will understand Your will regarding the next leg of his journey. I ask You to help him to feel Your assurance that You are with him and that You are guiding his choices and directing his steps.

Some of Your children have been crushed in spirit by the surroundings, by the people, among whom they live. I ask You to help them overcome the negativity that has been sown. I ask You to help people of faith to know in the depth of their spirit that they are precious to You (Isaiah 43:4) and that Your love more than overcomes any uncomplimentary feeling others may harbor against them. I ask You to help them know that in You they are new, fresh, clean, whole, and fully alive because the power that raised You from the grave dwells in them (Romans 8:11) and gives them new mercy each morning (Lamentations 3:22, 23).

I ask You to be with Your child in a profound and undeniable way, dear Jesus as he determines which bridges in his life to burn and which to cross. I ask You to bless him as he goes forth into the tasks, the trials, the joys of his future with Your peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7) and with Your strength that is perfected in human weakness (II Corinthians 12:9). I ask for these and all Your favors for Your child--for every believer in Christ—today and always, our Lord and our Hope. In Your mighty name I pray, Jesus. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment