Sunday, August 30, 2015

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will help you; I will hold you up with the strong right hand of My righteousness." Isaiah 40:10

Apprehension, anxiety, trepidation, fear--whatever we call it--that feeling is so intense as to be palpable. In a time when society seems to be unraveling and mankind appears to be on the brink of conflagration, many feel the inevitability of extreme conflict deep within themselves.

It isn't easy to trust when the people and the institutions in which trust have traditionally been placed seem radically changed and lacking in trustworthiness. It is difficult to maintain confidence when the foundation on which we have built it seems to be crumbling.

And indeed, the Word tells us that there will be a shaking; in fact, it says, "Everything that can be shaken will be shaken," Hebrews 12:27. And, therein lies our hope. It is only the things that can be shaken that will be shaken. As believers in Christ, our confidence, our faith is to be in HIM, and HE IS UNSHAKABLE!

Of Himself He says, "I am the same yesterday, today, and forever," Hebrews 13:8. There can be no surer foundation on which to build our life for time or for eternity than the One that cannot be toppled, no matter how hard the winds of adversity may blow or how high the waves that assail may rise!

Jesus has promised that HE will "never fail you nor forsake you," Hebrews 13:5, and that truth is the one thing that can dispel all fear.

God brought you this far....He won't leave you now!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand". Is 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment