Saturday, January 27, 2018

Vision of Hell


Vision of Hell by Mark Ellis by Mark Ellis

Alec Rex was driving down a busy street in Adelaide, Australia on February 15, 2016 when he suffered a massive heart attack and his heart stopped.

He slumped forward on the steering wheel, traffic stopped around him, and a woman came rushing over to his car. “She opened the door and tried to get me out but I was in a seatbelt,” Alec recalls.

As she struggled to free him, she forgot to turn off the ignition and the car began moving forward. “The car took off and got up to about 30 miles per hour. She was still hanging on to the car.”

When she saw they were going to hit another vehicle, she let go and fell headlong to the pavement. “It was a miracle she wasn’t killed. She hit the ground and saw me hit the vehicle. She pulled herself together and ran 100 yards.”

The young woman was a corrections officer who just left her shift. When she started CPR she was certain Alec was dead.

Providentially, an ambulance was among the vehicles caught in the traffic jam. “A couple doctors raced over and started working on me. In the police report it says they resuscitated me five times. That means I died five times. They put me in the ambulance and took me to the hospital. I was dead.”

Doctors could find little reason for hope, but then Alec surprised them. “They didn’t know what to do with me. I came back to life. I was thrashing about, punching them. I came back to life. They were stunned.
“According to the MRI, my heart was badly damaged because one of the main arteries was blocked. They put a stent in there.”

The hospital also discovered pneumonia in his lungs, so they placed Alec in an induced coma following his surgery.

“My heart was so badly damaged they said to my wife there is a possibility I would have a 10 percent chance to live. If I survived, I would be a vegetable.”

But God was about to demonstrate his power in a way that would surprise the doctors. And while Alec was hovering between life and death, he was transported to a nether region beyond this world.

“In front of me was like a veil, the gates of Hell,” Alec recounts. “I was at the gates of hell, but not in hell.” Everything appeared two-dimensional to him, like he was watching a TV.

Then he heard a voice say, “Jesus I know but you I don’t.”

But to his right another voice said: I am the Lord God. I am going to heal you and make you new.

Alec recognized that Jesus was speaking to him and He could read Alec’s thoughts.

Jesus’ presence provided the light for Alec to see. “Others there couldn’t see Him or hear Him.

Then Lord impressed on his heart, I will do what I want to bring your healing. I will show you the power of the Holy Spirit.

Then an astonishing sight met Alec. “Around me was a sea full of people,” he recounts. “I couldn’t see their faces. They were joined together in chains.”

Jesus impressed on his heart: These people called themselves Christians but they couldn’t forgive their brothers and sisters.

Jesus mentioned to Alec to pay attention to the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant and instructed him about its meaning. “I was taking this all in. He only allows you to remember what he wants you to remember. I can’t add to what he told me.”

During his near-death experience at the gates of hell, Alec says that Jesus also told him a worldwide revival is coming that will be greater than Azusa Street or the Welsh revival. There will not be anything like it, Jesus told him.

“It is not just people getting saved,” Alec adds. “It is the bride being made perfect, without spot or blemish.

The Lord communicated to him, What the world deems insignificant is what I am going to use in this revival.

Alec was in the coma for three weeks. During that time, doctors debated about whether or not to turn off his life support.

But then God breathed new life into his body. “They were going to switch off the machine,” he recounts. “God brought me back to life. It is a medical fact I was dead for 20 minutes in the hospital. My brain is now 100%.

“Praise God everything changed. I am one miracle after another.”

After Alec came out of the coma, the head ICU nurse told his wife Beth, “Your husband’s vital signs are 100%.”

The next morning Dr. Matthew Worthley, a cardiologist and professor at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, came into his room, looked at his file and said, “You were dead but you’re alive. You’re a miracle.”

Other doctors were equally amazed. “At the surgery there was a vascular heart surgeon, Dr. Raja. He shook his head and said, ‘I was there when you came back to life. I was there when they took the MRI of your heart. It was so badly damaged. I can’t understand it. There is no sign of a heart attack, no sign of any scarring. Your heart is 100%.’”

When Alex left the hospital he got a standing ovation from the nurses. “They said, ‘This is the guy who was dead and came back.’ I thanked all the nurses and doctors. There were doctors there with tears.”

While Alec is grateful to be alive, he is even more ecstatic about what God is doing. “I believe the bridegroom is coming soon — two years, five years, 10 years — I don’t know when, but it’s exciting.”

He believes God will use the current U.S. president, “as crazy as Trump seems,” in the revival. “God will use him. Impossible things are happening. The bride is going to be beautiful — her appearance, her apparel and her beauty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment