Thursday, February 15, 2018

Rose Florence Marie


ROSE FLORENCE MARIE

You have quite a story to tell! You were a living, breathing, walking miracle who shared her glorious experience with anyone who was willing to listen.

You told them that your plight was dire when your baby girl was born. You told them you had been in a coma for a protracted period of time after you gave birth via Caesarian section. You told them that you had been given the last rites of the Catholic Church because the doctors were sure you wouldn't pull through.

You told them that while in the coma, you saw the glorious face of JESUS and heard HIM invite you to journey with HIM to the place where there is no sorrow, no sickness, no death.

Yet, your mother's heart was toward your baby girl. You said to your HOLY VISITOR, "I'd love to go with YOU, but will YOU let me stay until my baby grows up?"

JESUS assented to your request, and on this day, in 1964, HE came for you.

I remember the day well. Many of your loving family were gathered around your room. We all heard your labored breathing. When it stopped, I remember feeling relieved, for I thought there had been an improvement in your condition. Then we were told that you had died. The nurse told us that your doctor had been informed and that he would not come.

My heart broke in that moment, yet JESUS HIMSELF gave me a BIBLE verse that would comfort my heart at my moment of great loss and that would sustain me through many long years of grief at your departure -- "THEY THAT ARE WHOLE NEED NOT A PHYSICIAN, BUT THEY WHO ARE SICK..."

It was as clear a message as THE LORD could have given me regarding my mother's spiritual well being. My beautiful mother had passed from life to LIFE. JESUS had allowed her to remain until her baby grew up, and then HE came to her.

I can see HIM in my mind's eye, reaching out to her, taking her hand, and saying, "Now it's time to come with ME."


POSEY

Rose, you bloomed so sweetly in the summer time.

All the sun's warm light, and all the rain's bright gleam

Gathered there in you.

You were light.

You were love.

You were a symbol of all good things.

You were bright in the afternoon,

But the morning had seen you cry.

The dewy tears you wept were shed for me.

You knew my heart would break when you were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment