Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Horrifying Trend

 

Witchcraft Takeover: The Horrifying Witchcraft Trend Young People Are Trying Out on TikTok

Social media is a great tool for connecting people who share the same niche interests. No matter what your belief system, hobby or lifestyle, you can find an online group for it — including witchcraft.

That fact has many Christ-following parents deeply concerned, as it’s now easier than ever for kids to locate, follow, learn about and participate in witchcraft, occultism and neo-paganism — all pursuits that are antithetical to the Christian faith.

For example, #witchtok is a surprisingly popular hashtag on TikTok and currently sits at over 21.1 billion views. Many of the videos are instructional, showing viewers how to perform spells of protection, revenge, healing and love, how to recharge crystals and read tea leaves, among other topics.

According to those who dabble, there’s been a recent movement toward witchcraft as young people find themselves seeking the spiritual but avoiding mainstream religions.“WitchTok content is so relevant right now because we learned last year we can’t control [things],” 33-year-old Adam Wethington, who reads tarot cards, told USA Today.

In 2019, Focus on the Family covered the story of one young woman named Kathy who found herself pursuing that sense of mystery and fulfillment. She shared her story:

"One hot summer night I was lying awake in my bedroom when all of a sudden the room became very cold. I started to shiver and broke out into a cold sweat, although it was the height of summer. A cold wind blew in through my windows, startling me. Now I was terrified. I hugged my knees to my chest and gasped as a legion of what can only be described as demons encircled my head, all laughing at me. I started screaming out my Wiccan spells to rebuke them, hoping they would disappear. That only made things worse. The laughter escalated with each spell I tried.

“Then all of a sudden I remembered my days in Sunday school as a child and the teachings of Jesus. I hadn’t thought about that in a long time. In a loud voice I called upon Jesus Christ to rid the room of this dark presence. Instantly they were gone, and my bedroom was once again calm and warm. My life was never the same after that.” (Western Journal) Read more.

- Father God, we thank You that it is written that "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

We cry out to you on behalf of the millions worldwide who are now caught in this deadly trap of deception. We thank You that, just like You did for Katy, when they cry out to You in Your name, you WILL visit them, save them, and deliver them from evil.


- “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free . . . " (Luke 4:18) 

No comments:

Post a Comment