Monday, January 24, 2022

Tribute

Tribute

 At times like this I don’t know what to say.  Life has so many difficulties, trials, twists, and turns; none of us know when our last breath will be taken.  

 I am so grateful that I got to spend time with my beloved friend before his passing.  I was amazed by how much he had changed; how much he had allowed God to do a work in his heart.  

When a loved one goes home, many people say something to the effect, “He has gone to a better place,” or “I will see him again, one day.”  These things are typically said because a lot of us who say such things do not even know Jesus as our Savior – but --  

I KNOW I WILL SEE MY FRIEND AGAIN!! ... 

 ...For he truly believed in the salvation of our loving Creator, our Lord! 

If you question truth and salvation and life in general, ask yourself this question: “If the One who made everything that exists is infinitely good and infinitely capable of governing earth and man, and if He desires true relationship with me; why would I ever trust my own mind and conclusions?  How can the Maker of the mind be less trustworthy than the mind that was made? 

 

My friend and I both came to the realization that our understanding is flawed until we have a mind surrendered to the One who made it!  

My dear friend is a great example of the loving salvation, grace, and mercy that our Creator has for each of us!  Jesus came to this world to help us understand that we can never measure up and that we were not made to live separate from our Creator as autonomous, self-sufficient beings.  We were made for relationship with our Maker! 

Have you come to that realization?

No comments:

Post a Comment