Thursday, April 7, 2022

Success Is Cause for Praise

Success Is Cause for Praise by Dr. Jim Denison

"I have to give glory to God"

In Psalm 18, David testified, "I love you, O Lᴏʀᴅ, my strength" (v. 1). Here's why: "The Lᴏʀᴅ is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold" (v. 2). Count how many times David uses "my" to refer to his Lord.

Could the depth of his intimacy with God explain the divine omnipotence he experienced?

If we do not believe in an omnipotent God, we will not position ourselves by faith to experience his omnipotence. Then our lack of faith becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy on the path to a heightened secularism that eventually rejects his relevance and even his existence.

However, the converse is true as well. South Carolina coach Dawn Staley said her team's recent national championship victory was "divinely ordered" and told an ESPN reporter, "I have to give glory to God, glory to God." Before Jalen Wilson led Kansas to the men's title, he tweeted, "Thank you God, without your blessings I wouldn't have any of this."

I don't mean to suggest that faith in an omnipotent God guarantees success in life. On the contrary, I mean to suggest that success in life is cause for praise for those with such faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment