Monday, April 16, 2012

Blessed Assurance

April 16

One of the great blessings enjoyed by people of faith is knowing that their lives are secure in the hand of a God who loves them and cares about everything that touches them. This truth is perhaps most definitively stated in I Peter 5:7 where the impetuous apostle tells us that we may, “Cast all your cares upon Jesus, for He cares for you.”

David’s words, too, echo to us through the corridors of time. He says in Psalm 16:5, “Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure.” How precious to know that our Heavenly Father has assigned to each of us a portion that is sufficient to our needs, that our lot is secure because HE SAYS IT IS.

In Jeremiah 33:6, the ‘weeping prophet’ tells us that the Lord has assured, “I will heal My people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and prosperity.” We long for health of mind, body, spirit. We yearn for peace--not only peace among nations of the earth, not only freedom from tumult in our neighborhoods, but for the inner peace that comes when we know our lives are in Christ.

Because Jesus has said, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand,” (John 10:28) we know there is no more secure place we can be than in His keeping. Though war may rage around us, though kingdoms may rise and fall, we who know Him as Savior may rest in His arms of love forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment