Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sadness Flies Away

Sadness flies away on the wings of time. Jean de La Fontaine

This statement is true. The things that drag you down today will be of no consequence on that glorious tomorrow when they are resolved. Though you may be weighed down with the burden of them this morning, though you take them with you wherever you go as if they are too precious to leave behind and unattended, one beautiful morning, you will awaken with the wonderful realization that they are gone because you have laid them at the feet of Jesus, as He has invited you to do, and thereby have allowed Him to fulfill the promise, "Cast all your cares upon Me, for I care for you." (I Peter 5:7)

You have the option of doing that right now--but perhaps you can't see it yet. If you elect to carry the burden another day, the Christ who loves you will be right beside you as you do, ever waiting to take it from you when you give Him leave to do so. The first step to relinquishing your burden is to realize it has only the control over you that you give to it. When you see that you have the power to let it go, it will no longer dominate you. You have that power because Jesus says you do… because HE gives you the authority to command trouble away from you! JESUS LOVES YOU!

He has promised His joy to you as your strength (Nehemiah 8:10), He has promised His Spirit to you as your Teacher (John 14:26), He has told you His angels surround you to guard you in all your ways (Psalm 91:11). Your trial does not allow you to feel the reality of those promises for it commands your attention. But those wonderful words are yours! When you contemplate the start of your day, shake yourself and tell yourself, "I am a child of the Living Christ. My Savior and my God spent HIMSELF FOR ME because He counts Me worthy. My JESUS LOVES ME.

My Savior and Lord gives me victory over death, hell, the grave, and my current circumstances. My Jesus tells me that I am "more than a conqueror" (Romans 8:37) through Him and I choose to trust Him rather than to doubt or fear! I will walk today in the light of what He has spoken about me, not in the darkness of what I have believed about myself. I will walk today in the peace and joy of who I am in Christ, not in the condemnation of the law or of the judgmentalism of mere men. I will walk today in the love of my Savior, not in the burden tribulation would lay upon me—and my sadness will fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment