Saturday, December 30, 2017

LOVE

LOVE
I Corinthians 13:8
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels and have not love, I am become as sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and have all knowledge and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains but have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor and though I give my body as a sacrifice to be burned but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind, love envies not, love vaunts not itself, is not proud.
Love rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
LOVE NEVER FAILS!
Where there are prophecies, they shall fail; where there be tongues, they shall cease, where there be knowledge, it shall vanish away; for we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when that which is perfect is come, then shall that which is in part be done away.
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now we see through a glass darkly, but then we shall see as face to face. Now I know in part, but then shall I know, even as I am known.
And now abides faith, hope, and love--these three--but the greatest of these is love.
WHAT LOVE IS AND WHY IT IS GREATER THAN ALL
What is love that it is considered to be greater than even faith, which the BIBLE tells us can move mountains, and hope, which the WORD informs us is the substance of all we hope for?
If LOVE is greater than these, why is it greater?
LOVE is the only emotion that gives more than it receives.
LOVE is the foundation of every good human relationship.
LOVE is the only power that is greater than hatred.
LOVE is the only human feeling that is rooted in GOD WHO IS LOVE.
If we truly desire to be like the HOLY ONE, we will love as HE loves, we will love who HE loves, we will love because HE loves.
Has someone hurt us? We will love him anyway.
Has love disappointed us? We will love anyway.
Just as JESUS hung on the cross and said, "FATHER, forgive them, they know not what they do," so will we love from the midst of our dilemma because our example is to love.
We will love because GOD first loved us.
We will love our enemies.
We will love because our LORD and SAVIOR is LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment