Saturday, April 25, 2020

MICAH 3:1-12

MICAH 3:1-12 (modified)
I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might, to declare our transgression, to acknowledge our sin.
Hear this, you who despise justice and distort all that is right; who build yourself at the expense of others. You disdain righteous judgement, but judge for a bribe, you teach for a price,
you prophecy for money. Yet you look for the Lord's support and say, "Is not the Lord among us? No disaster will come upon us."
Therefore unless you repent, you will be plowed like a field, your land will become a heap of rubble, your false religion will become a mound overgrown with thickets.
The world is in the throes of a deadly pandemic. Is this the result of the Lord's wrath for our unrepentant sins? Whether He is unleashing destruction upon us because we have turned our back on His truth, on His goodness, on His love, on His Savior or whether nature is venting its fury at our negligence, we should view the current challenges we're facing as an opportunity to turn back to the God who has the power to bless and to restore.
May we heed the words of II Chronicles 7:14, "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land."
Lord, I believe Your word. I repent of my sin. Let Your healing begin with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment