Friday, July 7, 2023

A Prophecy Concerning Jesus

Psalm 2 A Prophecy concerning Jesus 1 Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? 2 The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against his Anointed One. Why the question of conspiring and plotting in vain by the kings and people of the Earth? Simply the fallen nature of man. Everything theCreator did and is doing is for mankind s benefit, but fallen kings and menwant to control the Almighty. Sinful men and kings have always tried tomanipulate their Creator; they rebel against His Love, Mercy and Grace. Now for the Truth; Jesus is the Anointed One! Matthew 16:13-17 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Whodo people say the Son of Man is?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets." "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesusreplied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed toyou by man, but by my Father in heaven. Now the word Christ in Greekmeans Messiah or the Anointed One. Why do men plot against Him? Onesuggestion Matthew 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach,"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." Men and kings of this Earthhave always loved their sin more than the Savior! Jesus also said John15:18 -25 " If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is,you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: 'Noservant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. He whohates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them what noone else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen thes emiracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.' 3 "Let us break their chains," they say, "and throw off their fetters." Bishop Horne well remarks, "we may see the ground of opposition; namely, the unwillingness of rebellious nature to submit to the obligations of Divine laws, which cross the interests, and lay a restraint on the desires of men. Corrupt affections are the most inveterate enemies of Christ, and their language is, We will not have this man to reign over us. Doctrines would be readily believed if they involved in them no precepts; and the

No comments:

Post a Comment