Thursday, February 18, 2016

Send Me


"Here am I, Lord. Send me." Isaiah 6:8

How long has it been since you have felt the gentle nudge of God's Holy Spirit leading you to do something outside your comfort zone and you have abandoned your safe area to obey Him?

Most of us are willing to comply to the best of our ability with His expectations as long as they don't interfere with our routine. We regularly attend church. We keep His commandments. We honor His name. We contribute to His causes.

But are we willing to let go of the routine of our lives in order to grasp a new challenge He sets before us? Are we willing to defy our own logic to obey His prompting to move into a totally new realm of endeavor for Him?

He knows all our reasons to remain where we are: I'm too old or I'm too inexperienced. I lack the necessary resources or I can't leave all this behind. I can't abandon my responsibilities or nobody needs me anymore.

No matter which end of the excuse spectrum we're on, we are not justified in any of the rationale we apply to negate His call, for the real answer is simply, "No, Jesus, I'm not willing to do that."

Lord, forgive us for living our lives as though they were our own. Help us to surrender ourselves to You, so You will be able to use us to Your glory.


Have you ever heard God tell you that you need to be doing something? And you actually know this because you've been praying for this exact opportunity for year...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment