Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Unheard

"Unheard" by Brad McClain 
I know that you don't know me,
I don't yet have a name,
I'm still a little secret,
But I'm here just the same.
And no, you did not plan me,
And maybe you're confused,
About this thing that's happened,
Or maybe feeling used.
But life sometimes surprises,
And some want you to think,
That I am not a person,
And you may be on the brink,
Of having a procedure,
That will bring life to an end,
Terminate my chances,
Before they can begin.
So I hope you'll consider,
That there is another way,
God will show the reason,
If you hear the words I say.
And yes, God is the Author,
Of when life comes to be,
And even in life's brokenness,
He gives the gift of me.
So if you cannot raise me,
I completely understand,
But please don't just erase me,
Someone will lend a hand.
There are so many waiting,
For just someone like me,
But none of that can happen,
If you end my life you see.
I do not want to hurt you,
I'm sorry it's this way,
But Mommy, please give me a chance,
To have a birthing day.
Some will never understand,
Their voices are so loud,
They've made what they do legal,
Of that they're very proud.
But this is not about them,
Or the law they've passed,
It's not about equality,
Or finding relief fast.
It's just about this little voice,
That often no one hears,
So please just think about it,
And let God calm your fears.
"Children are a gift from the Lord..." (Ps. 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment