Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Giving God the Glory

Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker is giving God all the glory after booting the winning field goal that secured his team’s 38-35 win against the Philadelphia Eagles during Sunday’s Super Bowl LVII. Butker said during a postgame press conference it’s essential for players to hit the field and focus on what they can control. “I kind of had the easy job there,” he said. “Offensive line did a great job blocking, great snap, great hold, and thankfully the ball went through, and all glory to God.” Butker also spoke with Sports Spectrum’s Jason Romano, sharing the importance of faith and prayer in his life. The star player said it was a “blessing” to be at the Super Bowl a third time in four years, and said he is resolute about putting first things first. “It’s the most important thing,” he said of his Christian faith, adding he knows his identity can’t be placed in football and must come from the Lord. “If I didn’t have faith in God, I don’t think I’d be the father I am, the husband I am, the kicker I am. That kind of sets a tone for everything else…that gives me the strength to do everything I need to.” Butker added, “I know I’m a child of God.” - Abba, we lift praise and give you all the glory for using football as a platform to lift Your Name! May our nation's attention turn from watching sports to desiring to know JESUS. Use the testimonies of admired athletes to bring an insatiable hunger for You in this nation as You use "men of influence" on the football field for Your holy purposes. In Jesus name, Amen - "Oh that men would praise the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men." (Psalm 107:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment