Saturday, February 18, 2023

Kelsey Grammer Moved to Tears

Kelsey Grammer Moved to Tears by 'Jesus Revolution' Movie; Hits Theaters Next Week, and Timing Couldn't Be Better Aimee Herd (Feb. 17, 2023) I'm sure it's no coincidence that a film depicting the amazing Jesus People Movement of the 60s-70s, which began among the youth, is set to come to theaters across America next week, even as another Awakening has begun--among college students in Kentucky. Well played, Holy Spirit! [Breaking Christian News] The latest movie from directors Jon Erwin and Brent McCorkle, "Jesus Revolution" documents the late 60s – early 70s revival that took place among young people, which impacted not just the US, but the world. According to a report by Movieguide: "Jesus Revolution" tells the true story of the hippie-led "Jesus Movement" revival of the 1960s and 1970s. The movie highlights pastor Chuck Smith, who opened his church to hippies, and also features the work of hippie evangelist Lonnie Frisbee and future pastor Greg Laurie. Starring as Chuck Smith, Kelsey Grammer was recently interviewed on "Live With Kelly and Ryan" about the role, and was moved to tears as he spoke: "I love this movie. I really love it. When Kayte [Grammer's wife] saw it she said, 'Oh my God it's the best thing you've ever done,'" he recalled. "She started crying." Grammer added: "He's a man looking for his own faith. A man whose church is empty and he can't get traction and he's starting to think he's going to get fired from his job as a pastor. And this hippie comes into his life and he finds new purpose. And started a movement that is still going ... I hope people feel tearful, and joyful all at the same time, and maybe inspired to rediscover their own faith." The hippie-preacher Grammer referred to is Lonnie Frisbee, played in the film by Jonathan Roumie, who also plays the role of Jesus in "The Chosen." "Jesus Revolution" follows the journey-to-faith of Pastor Greg Laurie, and Laurie interviewed both Kelsey Grammer and Jonathan Roumie on the set of the new film. "There was a scene you were shooting recently in Alabama," Laurie told Grammer and Roumie, "And I felt like I went back in time, and I was experiencing this as it happened." Laurie asked Kelsey Grammer why he decided to take on the role of Chuck Smith. "I've been going through some stuff in my career lately, about like, 'Well... is it important? ... Does it mean something to me?'" he said. "I was sitting there sort of having a meditation one evening pretty late ... as I sat there I thought, 'Just send me something.' The next day...," Grammer choked up as he motioned that that's when he was asked to star in "Jesus Revolution." "...I read it and I said, 'Thank You, that's it." Watch that interview by Clicking Here As the Awakening and Revival among students that began last week on the campus of Asbury University in Kentucky has grown immensely and is spreading to other campuses, the timing of the release of "Jesus Revolution" seems to be perfect. But that's typical of the Holy Spirit, now isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment