Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Overcoming Challenge!

When I was in college I took an economics class that confirmed my decision not to major in business.
I couldn’t process the micro or macro economic principles, nothing connected, and I was failing. So I called my dad and pleaded my case to let me drop this nightmare class.

But he said, “No Lysa. If I let you drop this class I would be doing you a terrible disservice. There are lessons that can only be learned when you are placed in the crucible of perseverance.”

It’s true. I know I find myself too often avoiding challenge for fear of failure. Some things may not be easy for us, and we may never learn to do them perfectly. But perfection comes from strengths we knew we had. However, perseverance comes from tapping into something inside of us that we are surprised we had and that’s worth discovering. Lysa TerKeurst


What challenge confronts you today that weakens your resolve and diminishes your self-confidence? What problem are you facing that seems insoluble?

Whatever it is that you cannot possibly overcome on your own, whatever difficulty seems beyond your ability to master, remember that you don't have to handle it by yourself, for you are the Lord's and HE has promised that you can, "do all things through Christ who strengthens you." Philippians 4:13

He has invited you to "Cast all your cares (challenges, problems, frustrations, diseases, limitations, etc.) on HIM, for HE CARES FOR YOU!" I Peter 5:7

The Christian walk isn't about tackling life's problems alone, it is about allowing your Savior to help you overcome them--so "all things" can indeed "work together for good for those who love Jesus." Romans 8:28

Stand on HIS PROMISES. Trust in HIS WORD. Allow Him the opportunity to show you HIS GLORY as you simply BELIEVE.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment