Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Take a Bold Step

September 15
Take a Bold Step by Becky Dvorak

The thought of ministering healing in the name of Jesus can be rather intimidating, but we need to remember that we do not go alone. The Holy Spirit, who lives and resides within every believer in Jesus Christ, is the one working in and through us. Here is what happened the first time I ministered healing to someone.

In 1991, I was in Guatemala City on a short-term mission trip.  Our team was going door-to-door sharing about Jesus and inviting the people to come to an evangelistic campaign that we were holding in their neighborhood.

At one home the people already were believers in Christ, so I asked them if there was anything that I could pray with them about. They said "Yes" and asked us to wait. The interpreter and I sat down in their one room home and waited. Soon they returned with a little girl who had been deaf since birth and could not speak.

I did not have any experience with the gift of healing; I had never laid hands on anyone and prayed for them to be healed, but I placed my hands on this  precious child and I rebuked a spirit of deafness and commanded her ears to be opened.  Immediately she could hear, and speak. Her first word was, "Hallelujah!"

Sometimes we think we can't minister healing to someone because we do not know enough about healing. But here is a powerful secret. If we know Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, then we have what it takes to minister to the sick.

His name is Jehova-rapha, the Lord who heals us, (see Exodus15:26). In I John 4:17, we are encouraged with a life-changing truth about our identity, "as He is, so are we in this world." And as His ambassadors, (see II Corinthians 5:20) we are commissioned to go and evangelize the world with power.

We are told that if we believe we will lay hands on the sick and they will recover, (see Mark 16:15-18). Go ahead, take a bold step of faith and minister healing to those around you.
You've got what it takes!


No comments:

Post a Comment