Thursday, January 28, 2016

Law of God vs. Law of Sin


"I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin." Romans 7:25

We all need help to be what the LORD wants us to be. Even Paul, the great apostle who wrote the preponderance of the New Testament confessed, "What I want to do, I fail to do; what I don't want to do, I find myself doing. Oh, wretched man that I am! Who can deliver me!!" Romans 7:23, 24
Human nature is the antithesis to godly nature. Since the fall, man has been at enmity with God. We were created for fellowship with the Holy One and He desires that fellowship to be restored, so JESUS took the punishment for our sin so we can know God as Adam knew him before he followed Eve into sin.

In order to attain that precious relationship, we must first recognize that we are sinners in need of a Savior. We must accept JESUS as our only Savior and Lord.

When we have done that, we will be born again.

When we falter in our Christian walk, when we lapse back into the way of the world, we will cry out as Paul did; we will "die to self daily," I Corinthians 15:31, as he did, and our precious LORD will restore us to Himself as He did Paul; and He will use us where we are as He did Paul--even if, like him, we are bound in a dungeon.


Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.



No comments:

Post a Comment