Monday, September 18, 2017

God's Word -- More Important Than Food

God's Word -- More Important Than Food by Brad Reichs

"Man does not live on bread alone..." Matthew 4:4
When tempted to eat...Eve ate. Same with Adam.

Jesus, however, when tempted, reminded the Tempter that, "man does not live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God."

That's an amazing statement to me. Is Jesus saying that God's word is more important to our sustenance than food?

Jesus was actually quoting from Deuteronomy 8:3. The full verse and context is as follows:
"But I humbled you and let you go
hungry and fed you with manna
which you did not know nor did
your fathers know, only in order
that I might make you understand
that man does not live on bread
alone but on every word that
proceeds from the mouth of God."
-Deuteronomy 8:3
Man lives on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God! The words of God are more important to me than food!

Seriously?

I wonder what my life would look like if I believed that!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment