Monday, March 28, 2016

HIS Daughter


I Am a Daughter of the King

I don't mean to sound pretentious; I don't mean to presume a role that is not mine. I am simply stating a fact. The royal association to which I am entitled is one to which you are entitled, too. Anyone who has been born again, washed in Calvary's cleansing flow, has been adopted into the family of God--thereby becoming a child, a son or a daughter, of the King.

That is not an easy concept to grasp. We who live our ordinary lives tend to be unable to think of ourselves as royalty. I know because I once could not identify myself as as a beloved daughter of the King.

Yes, I loved JESUS. Yes, I had given my life to HIM, but I thought of myself more as HIS servant, not as a cherished child of the Father.

As a new believer, I shared my faith freely, openly, fully...perhaps not wisely. I was the object of ridicule...the standing joke among my unbelieving colleagues. I didn't mind. I was totally willing to be "a fool for Christ's sake."

A friend with whom I worked was especially mocking of my new faith. He was a young man who was eligible for the military draft which was in place in those days. The draft was based on a 'lottery system,' and those whose numbers came up were selected to serve.

I felt very strongly that GOD had spoken to me that this young man was not to be in the military and I boldly declared my belief to him. Imagine the scene late one night when there was a knock at my door and it was my friend.

He thrust an envelope into my hand and said, "This is how GOD doesn't want me in the army."

It was a draft notice.

My response was, "I don't care what this letter says; GOD doesn't want you in the army."

Letters were sent, contacts were made, in a seemingly futile effort to avoid what looked more and more inevitable. Friday was his last day at work. He was to leave for boot camp on the following Tuesday.

I was despondent. I had not only made a fool of myself, but I had cast aspersions on my faith and my LORD. It was a glum and miserable weekend. I dreaded waking up each morning and I couldn't stand the thought of going to work on Monday and facing the reality of his absence.

Friends called me and invited me to attend church with them on Sunday evening. I declined. They knew I was depressed and knew that church would be good for me, so they didn't give up.

In fact they said, "We know you're moping around in your pajamas but you'd better get dressed because we're coming over to get you and will take you to church in your nightclothes if you're not dressed."

They were as good as their word.

I sat impassive and disinterested though the beginning of the service. My arms were folded tightly around me as if to ward off any attempt the LORD might make to touch my heart with HIS truth.

Then there was a message in tongues which I will never forget, no matter how long I live..."There is a DAUGHTER OF MINE here tonight. She is depressed because she believes she has foolishly cast aspersions on MY name. I want her to know that tomorrow morning, she will see MY glory revealed."

I knew the message was for me. The next morning, my friend arrived at work where I met him in the parking lot. He had heard from the director of the selective service system in the state of Pennsylvania, Mr. Robert Ford; he had been told he did NOT have to report for boot camp.

It's a remarkable story, but the part that will touch my heart forever is that GOD called me HIS DAUGHTER!

He spoke to a broken, lonely, depressed, abandoned child whose mother was dead, whose father was indifferent and whose life was meaningless and told her she was HIS beloved daughter!

I said all that to tell you that I am not unique. YOU, too, are precious to the HOLY ONE. You, too, are HIS child! Let your life be transformed, believer, to one of victory and power because your FATHER loves you and will move heaven and earth --and the military draft-- for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment