Friday, July 22, 2016

Support Candidates Who Support Vets


Our vets deserve the best our country can give them--honor, financial remuneration, employment afforded when they return, educational opportunities--but often they are relegated to being homeless and abandoned.

The irony is that we have a government whose largess to illegal aliens is boundless--free housing, education, food ...

Where is the justice in this inequity?

Perhaps its time the voting public reassess its support of political figures based on their support of our veterans. When they undermine our service men and women, they are ultimately undermining us.

Investigate carefully the candidates' positions on how veterans should be treated. These men and women who have put their lives on the line for our nation deserve our nation's full support when they come home.

Allan Ney
 
45 YEARS AGO TONIGHT Robert D. Stone gave all for the love of his brothers and country. RIP. SEARGENT I will publish your memorial as long as I can.

The 21st day of July 1968 Republic of Viet Nam, Camp Evans in I corp. 

My friend and platoon Sgt. Staff Sgt. Robert D. Stone tricked me out flying a what we called a tactical Emergency mission . Members of the 82nd airborn Div. were being over run at LZ Bastion and were running out of ammunition so we were being ordered to take resupply ammo in if at all possible. Sgt Stone came to my aircraft and told me they needed to see me at the communications tent. 


On the way up the hill to the comm. tent I heard my Helicopter power up I turned and saw it lifting off with Stone hanging out the door giving me the thumbs up. When I got to the tent they told me Stone stole my mission because I only had 10 days left in the army.

Sgt. Stone dropped the supplys and on the lift off leaving the LZ was shot out of the air just beyond the perimeter He took my Mission and gave it all that night in Viet Nam.


No comments:

Post a Comment