Tuesday, July 20, 2010

God--My Strength, My Passion--Forever!

July 20

Psalm 73:26 addresses a hurtle each of us must face at one time or another in life, a challenge that might usher us to the portal of death. Here the Psalmist says, “My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart, my passion forever.”

Here he is making the assertion that whatever may befall him, he will be faithful to God. Here he is recognizing that no matter how completely his body might let him down, no matter how grave might be the disorder or disease that besets him, no matter what enemies may encompass him, God will be his portion.

This message is one that God would convey to all who place their faith in Him. Life may be difficult. Problems may abound. Enemies may hate us without cause.

But the Lord Jesus Christ will ever be the strength of our lives. It is He who will give us hope when the circumstances of our life seem hopeless. It is He in whom we may place our trust—even to our final breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment