Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Christians and Ephesians in Prophetic Times

Christians and Ephesians in Prophetic Times by Bill Wilson

The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 4:1-6, "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation wherewith you are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in in love; Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." 

In these times, we often wonder about this unity. We question whether we are alone, probably much the same way Elijah did in standing against the prophets of Baal. I have been reminded, however, that our unity is alive.

There have been hundreds of emails pouring in to The Daily Jot this week. They have been incredibly encouraging as if something in the Spirit has prompted a timing of unity.

Many Christians are being emboldened to speak, as Ephesians 6:20 says, "that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

It started with the example that there were some folks who claimed to be Christians that called into question my salvation and Christianity over the comparisons between the Presidential candidates.

While those were examples of what you may experience when using my writings as sourcing to speak about the election from a Christian lens, many felt the urging to write notes of encouragement.
There were so many that I cannot begin to do them justice, but I would like to share a few with you that are a representative sample in hopes that they also encourage you.

FH writes, "I'm so sorry to see that people are throwing a fit over the Trump issue. They are Christians- using the term loosely- who are holding anger and bitterness rather than discerning God's hand in what is happening."

From ME, "I'm glad you have them figured out pastor Bill. My grandma once told me not to believe anything I hear and half of what I see. I think she meant the skeptics of the truth."

AA writes: "Onward Christian Soldiers! Keep fighting the GOD fight!"

SL says, "Thank you for speaking His truth. Keep speaking, keep standing, keep honoring the Lord."

GL writes: "I totally love your Biblical perspective and relating Scripture to current events. You put things clearly and simply, and this makes it easy to share with family and friends. I agree that some Christian friends and family have a problem with Donald Trump, but gracious, look at the alternative! The Christian faith has, in very many ways, grown cold in America; hence, confusion and scoffers have arisen. But don't give up the Lord's cause! And we won't, either! May the Lord clothe us all in His strength-His armor!"

And it is His whole armor that we must take on that we may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Thank you for being an Ephesians people in these prophetic times. Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment